CAPTIVATING MANGO ICE
(Serves 8-10 persons)
The captivating mango flavour coupled with the smoothness
of cream and the coolness of ice cream make this ice cream
2 eggs + 3 egg yolks
3 ½ tablespoons corn flour dissolved in
4 tablespoons cold water
2/3 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
8 Hafouzi mangoes
(about 4 ½ cups mashed mangoes)
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup thick cream or
whipping cream (250cc)
1. Heat milk on low heat until it is about to boil (scald). Remove
from heat and allow to
2. Meanwhile, beat egg, yolk and sugar in a heat proof or metal
bowl until homogenous. Add milk and dissolved corn flour.
Place the bowl over a saucepan containing gently boiling
water – a bain-marie (water bath). Beat continuously until it
thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
3. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and allow
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until it cools completely.
5. Meanwhile, cut and process mangoes. Add to the prepared
mixture and process with
1 cup icing sugar, or to taste and type of mango used. Mix
6. Freeze for 45 minutes or until it starts freezing. Beat and
freeze for 45 minutes. Repeat once or twice.
7. Beat cream until it holds shape. Fold gently in the mixture.
Add icing sugar to taste. Beat well freeze for 45 minutes or
until it starts freezing. Repeat once or twice.
8. Transfer to a freezing container. Cover tightly and freeze for
9. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
If an ice cream maker is available, omit
Step 6 and continue the recipe from Step 7 using the ice
Mango ice cream can be frozen for one month.